Terms & Conditions
By enrolling into a class parents/carers accept and agree to abide by the following terms & conditions.
1. Tuition fees are payable in advance for a full term regardless of attendance.
2. The preferred method of payment for regular tuition fees is online by e-invoicing. Invoices will be emailed to parents/guardians before the beginning of the term and can be paid online by debit or credit card via Sagepay (fully Trustwave validated). Full instructions on how to pay using this method are included in the e-invoicing email.
3. We also accept payment by debit or credit card in person or by phone.
4. Fees can be paid by cash or cheque (students and parent/guardian name and address must be written on the back of the cheque)
5. In the event that a cheque has to be represented to the bank or is declined any cost incurred must be paid by the parent/guardian.
6. Regular tuition fees must be received by the end of the 2nd week of term or a 10% surcharge may be added.
7. Half a terms notice is required if a student will not be continuing with a class into the succeeding term and failure to give this notice may result in half a terms fee being charged.
8. A student may take their first class on a trial basis paying for the single session. Should the student decide to join the class they then pay the balance of the term remaining. For under 5's the trial class is free
9. There are no refunds if a student is absent from class and no reductions for part term attendance.
10. On the rare occasion of class cancellation, the class will be re-scheduled usually during the school holidays. If it is not possible to re-schedule, fees will be deducted form the following terms fees. Students are also welcome to make up the cancelled class by attending a similar class.
11. If it is necessary to cancel a class due to adverse weather conditions or if student cannot attend a class due to their participation in another CTA performance/event, class fees are not refunded.
12. If a student is asked to leave a class due to a breach of any of the conditions laid down in these terms & conditions no refund will be made.
13. If a student is wearing inappropriate footwear or clothing the student will not be permitted to participate in the class.
14. Jewellery items (including watches) which the teacher feels may cause injury or is inappropriate for the class must be removed or the student will not be permitted to participate in the class.
15. Class run continuously from the timetable without a break. Students should be dressed ready to start their class before entering the studio and leave promptly at the end of the class.
16. Students are asked to wait quietly outside the studio until their class begins.
17. Parents/guardians are not permitted to watch classes except in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the teacher. This does not apply to some under 5's classes where parents/guardians may be present during all or some of the class.
18. CTA and CTA staff will always treat students and their parents/guardians/carers with respect and consideration and expect to be treated by students and their parents/guardians/carers in the same way. Breaches of this condition of conduct may result in the the student/parent/guardian/carer being asked to leave CTA with no refund for outstanding classes.
19. Students are not permitted to chew gum whilst in class.
20. Students/parents/guardians are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk.
21. Students are not permitted to use mobile phones during class. Any mobile phones brought into class must be switched off or in silent mode.
22. Students are not permitted to leave the studio during a class without permission from the teacher.
23. Students are not permitted to sit out of a class unless they become unwell or injured during the class or if written consent is given by the parent/guardian consent in advance.
24. All students must complete an enrolment form on joining the school.
25. Invoices and other communications/material are sent to parents/guardians by email. Parents/guardians must provide a valid email address for this purpose and ensure that such emails form CTA is not considered spam.
26. The school timetable may be revised at any time.
27. CTA is affiliated to the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance (ISTD) and the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
28. Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used for promotional purposes and on social media.
29. Exams may be taken in ballet, modern and LAMDA. Students are entered into exams at the discretion of the teacher.